Total Time: 20 mins
Let's Make Bibim Myeon!
Preparation and Cooking Time:
- 20 mins (including noodle cooking time)
How To Make:
- Boil water and place noodles into boiling water for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Immediately place cooked noodles into an ice cold water both to stop cooking after you take off from the stovetop.
- Combine all other ingredients together to make a sweet and spicy sauce.
- Drain the noodles as much as possible and place into the bowl of your choice.
- Mix the sauce into the noodles, add toppings and enjoy!
- Add garnish of your choice, if wanted.
About Korean Bibim Myeon
Bibim Myeon is an absolute summer classic amongst Koreans who crave noodles but don't want to be stir frying anything in nearly 100 degree weather. It's so popular that it is also sold as an instant version in supermarkets, like ramen is. Bibim Myeon has that flavor profile that Koreans (and undoubtedly, most people) enjoy, which is that spicy but sweet, savory yet refreshing taste.
Not only is it delicious, but it is absolutely a breeze to make, especially when you're in a rush or if you're just not feeling like cooking a whole meal that day (Trust us, we've all been there before). And the charm of home cooking— add whatever toppings you crave and feel free to have fun with it! We added the usual toppings, such as a boiled egg and some julienned cucumbers, but feel free to add crispy shallots, mushrooms, etc. for more flavor!