Cooking time: 50 min
Korean Sweet Potatoes are a popular snack in Korea, whether it is served roasted, deep fried, glazed and fried, or in cream form on desserts. It’s a staple diet food in Korea, because they are fat free and rich in fiber. This makes Korean sweet potatoes the perfect snack, for not only it is diet-conscious but it is delicious and provides that perfect sweetness without any processed sugars.
This recipe serves a deliciously roasted Korean sweet potato with a sesame oil butter dip, where the sesame oil adds a layer of nuttiness that butter lacks. The butter, oil and sweet potato then come together to create the ultimate delicious snack. Enjoy alone or split into halves and enjoy with your loved ones!
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- On a baking sheet, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Bake until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- While baking, mix 2 tbsp of unsalted butter and 1 tbsp of Chung-O Sesame Oil. Top off with a sprinkle of Chung-O Roasted Sprout Black Sesame.
- Let cool, split in half, also sprinkle Chung-O Roasted Sprout Black Sesame.
- Smear the butter mixture onto the sweet potato or dip to enjoy this delicious snack.