Gochujang Cauliflower "Wings" | Kim'C Recipes
Cooking Time: 20 min
Looking for a fun and healthy alternative to wings to present at your family dinner? How about these gochujang cauliflower "wings" that are inspired by Korean fried chicken wings? Not only are they delicious but they are inclusive as vegans and meat-lovers alike can enjoy this sweet and spicy dish.
Apart from the obvious star of the show (cauliflower), the other main character is the gochujang, which we opted for the highest quality from Jookjangyeon. Try out these easy and tasty cauliflower "wings" today and impress everyone at the table!
- 1 large head cauliflower (large stalks removed, cut into bite-size florets)
- 1 ½ Tbsp avocado or vegetable oil
- Butter or romaine lettuce
- Whole garlic cloves, peeled (mincing optional)
- Chopped scallions
- Shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons Chung-O Roasted Sprouted Sesame Seeds
- ½ Cup Jookjangyeon Gochujang
- 1 Tbsp Chung-O Extra Virgin Sprouted Sesame Oil
- ¼ Cup Jookjangyeon Premium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Father’s Hill Whole Grain Syrup
- 1 Pinch Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Hansaeng Heavenly Red Pepper Powder
- 2 Tbsp Water
How to Make
Preheat oven to 450 F (232 C) and line one large or two small baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
Add cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and toss with oil to coat.
Prepare sauce in a mixing bowl, adding Jookjangyeon Gochujang, Chung-O Extra Virgin Sprouted Sesame Oil, Jookjangyeon Premium Soy Sauce, Father’s Hill Whole Grain Syrup, sugar, and Hansaeng Heavenly Red Pepper Powder. Whisk to combine. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed.
Add “wings” to the sauce. Toss to coat generously then place on baking sheet.
Bake for 10-13 minutes more or until sizzling, golden brown on the edges, and tender (but not mushy).
While baking, prepare any additional serving elements, a few shreds of carrot, chop scallions, wash and lay out lettuce wraps.
Lay out the cauliflower wings over the lettuce wraps. Garnish with carrots and scallions. Serve immediately.