Total time: 8 mins
We've all heard how healthy kale is for you. We've all seen it everywhere— at restaurants, salad chains and even in supermarkets as kale chips. But if you're still looking for another way to enjoy kale, this recipe is perfect for you!
Kale and soy sauce, a combination that isn't talked about enough. So this recipe is the perfect new way to enjoy kale with an umami flare. It's simple, easy-to-make and perfect for a lazy day snack or a side dish to your favorite meal. We think this would pair perfectly with a nice steak!
Mix 2 tbsp of Jookjangyeon Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp Chung-O Sesame Oil, 1 tbsp Father’s Hill Whole Grain Syrup, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tbsp ground sesame seeds, 1 tbsp red chili pepper flakes.
- Bring water to a boil, add whole kale.
- Boil for five minutes.
- Sauté sliced garlic lightly in olive oil.
- Once the kale has boiled, drain then layer kale flat on top of the next until it rises to a visible thickness, slicing to remove the stems.
- Cut layers of kale into rough squares (about 2”) placing the layers of kale on a flat plate.
- Drop a few pieces of cooked garlic to garnish the kale.
- Drizzle with soy sauce mixture and finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.