Cooking time: 8 mins
This recipe will allow you to enjoy kale in a new, different way, with a perfect soy sauce-based sauce to accompany it. Enjoy on its own or as a side dish to your favorite meal!
Mix 2 tbsp of Jookjangyeon Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp Chung-O Sesame Oil, 1 tbsp Father’s Hill Whole Grain Syrup, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tbsp ground sesame seeds, 1 tbsp red chili pepper flakes.
- Bring water to a boil, add whole kale.
- Boil for five minutes.
- Sauté sliced garlic lightly in olive oil.
- Once the kale has boiled, drain then layer kale flat on top of the next until it rises to a visible thickness, slicing to remove the stems.
- Cut layers of kale into rough squares (about 2”) placing the layers of kale on a flat plate.
- Drop a few pieces of cooked garlic to garnish the kale.
- Drizzle with soy sauce mixture and finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.