Total time: 10 mins
French, Italian, Russian— and no, we're not discussing countries. These are your common marketplace salad dressings and ones that are often seen in household pantries. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) is also a star in salad dressings, if people want to take the more healthy route.
But we propose another alternative: perilla oil! Perilla oil is perfectly nutty and light enough to be a dressing on its own, much like EVOO is. However, perilla oil is nuttier and has a more unique and distinct flavor that you can definitely taste when enjoying on a salad.
Our Chung-O Perilla Oil takes the lead in this very light, easy-to-toss salad. Enjoy in the summertime with your favorite summer drink or pair with a juicy steak for a delicious meal!
- 1 Tbsp Chung-O Perilla Oil
- Head of butter lettuce (or any mixed greens, lettuce of your choice)
- Cherry tomatoes halves
- Sliced avocado
- Black pepper
- Nuts for garnish
- Tear or chop butter lettuce to bite-size pieces.
- Throw in cherry tomatoes and avocado slices.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with Chung-O Perilla Oil and toss before serving.