This is another way to enjoy your fresh greens, grilled! Try dipping it into a batch of sweet miso doenjang for that burst of umami.
Combine and smash ingredients until you have a nice paste.
1 Tbsp Garlic, pinch of sea salt, 2 Tbsp white miso, 1 Tsp Jookjangyeon Doenjang, 1 Tbsp Father’s Hill Whole Grain Syrup, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Wash romaine and remove outer leaves if too browned or limp, then cut in half.
- Leave to dry with cut side facing down.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/390°F and line a baking sheet with paper.
- Lightly dress the inside of the romaine with olive oil, Jookjangyeon Soy Sauce, and lemon juice.
- Place the romaine cut side up and place in the oven. They only need a few minutes to grill, so keep an eye out not to let it burn.
- Feel free to drizzle the romaine with the dressing or leave on the side as a dip.
- A nice finishing touch is to sprinkle sesame seeds on the dip and add some slices of lemon by the grilled romaine. Enjoy!