Welcome to the world of umami. Rich, creamy, savory, funky. This hits the spot on the night to explore a more rustic flavor palette mixing East and West.
- 2 Servings linguine / tagliatelle / spaghetti pasta
- 1½ lbs littleneck clams, scrubbed well
- 1 Cup clam broth
- 3 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tsp Jookjangyeon Doenjang
- In a large saucepan, sauté garlic in olive oil until they turn golden color.
- Add clams and two cups of water until the broth boils.
- Remove clams, set aside to add later.
- Add Jookjangyeon Doenjang to saucepan and stir well until doenjang is incorporated well.
- Add dry pasta directly into the broth, cook to the package directions.
- Add clams then chopped green onion to the saucepan and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.